I love me a good sandwich, and this new recipe is the best thing since sliced bread!! It's literally bread! Turn any sandwich into Something more (get it?) with the below instructions. What's in your favorite sandwich?
3 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 pkg regular dry yeast
1/2 cup very warm water
1/2 cup very warm milk
1/4 cup sugar
1) Mix 2 cups of flour, the sugar, butter, salt, and yeast in medium bowl.
2) Add water, milk, and egg. Mix on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently.
3) Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
4) Knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl.
5) Cover and let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until double. (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.)
6) Punch down dough. Gently press about 1/6 of dough into lightly greased Something mold. Brush dough with softened butter. Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
7) Heat oven to 400°F. Bake 12-18 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe was submitted by Melanie Holdaway, Payson, UT. Photo by Candi Higley!
If you have ideas, recipes, or images of SOMETHING you've made, send them over to Igotyousomethingmold@gmail.com for a chance to be featured on our social media! Post your photos with #bakingsomething so we can see your creations!