Every good summer vacation is incomplete without a nice hike, and every great hike is incomplete without some salty, nutritious snacks to keep you going!
Take an hour to explore the nature around you... you might find "Something" unexpected!! ;-)
Here's a recipe for some killer beef jerky to munch on while you're on a hike this summer.
1 1/4 lb. 90% lean ground sirloin
1 1/8 teaspoon non-iodized salt
1/2 teaspoon accent seasoning (MSG)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 3/4 teaspoon meat tenderizer
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 1/4 teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
4 teaspoons ketchup
1) Mix all ingredients together well.
2) Place a slightly rounded 1/4 cup of mixture into Something mold and pack it down so it is even all the way across.
3) Place mold with meat in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to harden slightly so it's easier to get out.
4) Press the meat mixture out of the mold onto a metal cooling rack.
5) When the rack is full of jerky, place it in a 170°F oven. Leave the oven door propped open slightly during the entire drying time, approximately 6 hrs.
Submitted by Capps Family, Boise, ID
If you have any ideas, recipes, or images of SOMETHING you've made, please send them to Igotyousomethingmold@gmail.com